Mordru has been described as one of the most powerful sorcerors to ever exist. He established an empire covering a vast area of the Milky Way Galaxy, but all outside United Planets space. He lead his conquest between the 28th Century and 29th Century before finally being defeated and imprisoned in an airtight vault on the asteroid Yuen by his daughter Mysa, out of revenge he kills all her allies and ages her into an old woman.
When free he tries to retrieve his talismans, absorbing the power of some of his other descendent's, and searching for the Emerald Eye of Ekron, which was his favorite and most powerful talisman, but at the time it was possessed Shrinking Violet at the time. When he first encountered the Legion of Super-Heroes, he defeated them easily and sent them away to serve as his heralds, destroying the planet Sklar in the process as a demonstration of his power.
When he found the Emerald Eye of Ekron, it resisted, until he was finally defeated by a Legionnaires alliance including Mysa who was deaged and depowered during the fight, the Workforce and the Uncanny Amazers and sealed in an airtight sphere. While the Elements of Disaster threated to revive him at one point, he did not appear again.
Sorcery: Mordru's sorcerous powers are amongst the most formidable in the known Universe. As a lord of Chaos he has attunement to the universe. He has a Nigh-Omnipotent Mastery of Magic of the highest order.
- Universal Spells
- Dimensional Spells
- Personal Spells
- Flight: He is capable of flight
- Matter Transmutation: control over matter at a molecular level
- Magic Energy Manipulation: generation of magical energy in the form of bolts or shields and the formation of solid objects.
- Regenerative Healing: He can magically heal fatal wounds sustained by himself or those of others. When Alan Scott slashed Mordru's abdomen open with an energy sword, the sorcerer was able to heal the injury in seconds.
- Superhuman Strength: He has also demonstrated superhuman strength sufficient to lift objects weighing several tons with relative ease.
- Aura Perception
- Illusion Casting
- Time Travel
Immortality: Mordru is also apparently ageless. The Hourman android attempted to de-age Mordru to a point where he was not as powerful, however in the process he discovered that Mordru's timeline had no beginning or end. Mordru was apparently never born, nor would ever die.
- 11 Appearances of Mordru (Post-Zero Hour)
- 1 Images featuring Mordru (Post-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Mordru (Post-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Mordru (Post-Zero Hour)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.