- And so for me its destiny to be the maestro of villainy! Yes, I'm the Music Meister, and I'm here to settle the score!
- -- Music Meister src
Music Meister claims he was bullied as a child, because he sang in choir. But he soon discovered that when he sang higher, that he could hypnotize people. He thus uses his newly discovered talents to control the people that had bullied him and plans “to settle the score”.
He uses his powers to get Black Canary, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Black Manta, Gorilla Grodd and Clock King to hijack a United Nations' communications satellite, launching it into space after they install a device for him. When Batman intervenes, he orders them to attack the hero, which they do in a dance style reminiscent of West Side Story. His plan successful, the Meister frustrates Batman once more, escaping by forcing his captives to dance towards the rocket blast, making the hero rescue them rather than apprehend the villain. Meister escapes to an empty opera house where, in a parody of Phantom of the Opera, he plays the organ to a cardboard audience. Batman tries to capture him on a cross-town chase while he sings “Drives us Bats", eventually releasing prison inmates (including villains seen from past episodes) to attack the heroes. Having heard Black Canary sing, he also has fallen for her, but not enough to give up villainy, and she rejects him. Meister manages to capture Batman and Black Canary and put them in a death trap. They escape as Music Meister hypnotizes the world with his music (with help of the satellite). When Black Canary becomes his slave, Batman gets the satellite to transmit her sonic scream which breaks Music Meister's mind control and frees everyone. Batman then finally gets his hands on the Meister, decking him with a single punch to the jaw.
- Sound Manipulation: The Meister's main power is his singing voice, which creates a pitch so high that it hypnotizes people. In their state of hypnosis, it causes his victims to sing and dance too.
- Disguise: He also seems to have the uncanny ability to change his outfit befitting different eras in music history extremely quickly, such as Cab Calloway's zoot suit and Elvis's disco suit (as seen multiple times throughout the episode). Other costumes reference Liberace, The Music Man, Hair, Amadeus, country/western music and Wagnerian opera.
- Music Bike: He is also seen riding on a motorcycle shaped liked paired eighth notes; at one point, the cycle splits into a pair of Segway-like scooters, now resembling separate notes (he and Batman race across telephone wires, like notes in the song being sung during the chase).
- Music Rod: He has a rod (roughly-shaped like conductor's baton) that can fire energy blasts shaped like music sheets.
- Music Meister was voiced by Neil Patrick Harris.
- 4 Appearances of Music Meister (The Brave and the Bold)
- 1 Images featuring Music Meister (The Brave and the Bold)
- 1 Quotations by or about Music Meister (The Brave and the Bold)
- Character Gallery: Music Meister (The Brave and the Bold)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
This article is using a sub-standard image. The image is too small, of poor quality, bears a watermark or violates copyright law. You can help the DC Database Project by replacing the offending image with a higher quality scan.