Green Lantern Abin Sur was sent by the Green Lantern Corps to investigate a world dominated by a single magician known as Myrwhydden. Realizing that the magician was using the world for his evil schemes, Abin Sur gagged the man with his ring and imprisoned him within his ring.
Years later, the magician began to regain his power. He exhibited it by creating a magical paradise within the ring while he geared up to defeat his new captor, Hal Jordan. He created an evil clone of Abin Sur and sent it to attack Hal. During the confusion he escaped from the ring and joined his clone in attacking the Green Lantern.
Defeated by a broken jaw, Myrwhydden was sent back into the ring but this time with his memory erased to ensure that he was no longer a threat.
Eventually, the Guardians of the Universe upgraded the power rings of the Green Lanterns. Hal, as well as the rest of the active Corps, replaced his older ring with newly programmed ones. During this time Myrwhydden was transferred into the new ring which allowed his memory to return.
Myrwhydden was freed again due to Sinestro.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 9 Appearances of Myrwhydden (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Myrwhydden (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Myrwhydden (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Myrwhydden (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."