Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Born Mythus, he was the third and youngest child of king Korithus. Though Korithus's father had managed to keep the Citadel at bay, a generation later, they came again. They promised to leave if they were given one slave: Queen Talathus. Korithus refused to surrender his wife and chose war. After a short battle, Korithus and his eldest sons, Korthus and Scrithus, were killed. Though eager to join them, Mythus was too young and stayed in the palace. The Citadel renewed their bargain, but with a higher price. Should Talathus not surrender, the planet would be destroyed. She agreed, leaving the adolescent Mythus the last heir of the royal family.
When Mythus took the throne, he changed his name to Myand'r. Through his marriage to Luand'r, he was gifted three children: Komand'r, Koriand'r and Ryand'r. But the same fate that took his mother would strike again. This time, the Citadel took Koriand'r. She would eventually resurface, much to his joy. But he had other issues. Internal politics demanded a union between the royal houses, and Koriand'r was forced to marry Karras of the Southern States. The wedding did not last; Karras was killed. Over time, Komand'r returned to her native planet, and having betrayed it to the Citadel, usurped the throne.
Myand'r's rule had always been at the sacrifice of everything he loved, based on the last words his mother said to him: Tamaran came before all. Feeling his weakness was responsible for Tamaran's continuing state of war, he decided to face destiny. When the Gordanians threatened to destroy his planet, Myand'r chose not to evacuate. He perished alongside his wife when the planet exploded.
- Tamaranean Physiology
- Energy Absorption: Like all members of the Tamaranean race, Mythus can harness and channel ultraviolet radiation. The power of the sun is what gives a Tamaranean their strength and vitality, as well as other unique gifts.
- Flight: By processing solar radiation from the star Vega, he can channel this energy to enable himself to fly.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 31 Appearances of Mythus (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Mythus (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Mythus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Mythus (New Earth)