Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Nanaue is the offspring of the Hawaiian shark deity Kamo. After Kamo was captured on a tropical island by Amanda Waller, she also took one of his offspring with her before destroying the island, assuming that the child would be easier to control than the father. The child was Nanaue, who was raised by Waller in laboratory conditions, and grew at an extremely fast rate.
Nanaue at some point made it to Atlantis, where he hopes to become the next big crime boss.
- Demigod Physiology: Because of his unique heritage (his mother is human and his father is shark god) Nanaue possesses a physiology truly unique to himself. His physiology is far superior to any normal humans.
- Amphibious Nature: Because of his shark like physiology King Shark is able to survive both above ground and under water. He is also able to talk without any hindrance while completely submerged in water.
- Superhuman Strength: Because King Shark lives in some of the deepest parts of the ocean, Nanaue is able to move with ease even while 1086 pounds of pressure are applied on him. He has been able to land punches on Aquaman powerful enough to harm the king of the seas.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Durability: King Shark is able to withstand the huge pressures of deep ocean, which applies 1086 pounds of pressure per square inch. He has taken punches from Aquaman without suffering any major damage.
- Nanaue was created by Karl Kesel and Tom Grummett, first appearing in Superboy (Volume 4) #0. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Nanaue first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Suicide Squad (Volume 4) #1 by Adam Glass and Federico Dallocchio.
- Unlike most of his alternative versions, Nanaue looks like a hammerhead shark.
- 66 Appearances of Nanaue (Prime Earth)
- 29 Images featuring Nanaue (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nanaue (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nanaue (Prime Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."
Suicide Squad member
Secret Society of Super-Villains member