Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Nanaue is the offspring of the Hawaiian shark deity Kamo. After Kamo was captured on a tropical island by Amanda Waller, she also took one of his offspring with her before destroying the island, assuming that the child would be easier to control than the father. The child was Nanaue, who was raised by Waller in laboratory conditions, and grew at an extremely fast rate.
Nanaue at some point made it to Atlantis, where he hopes to become the next big crime boss.
- Nanaue was created by Karl Kesel, first appearing in Superboy (Volume 4) #0. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Nanaue first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Suicide Squad (Volume 4) #1 by Adam Glass and Federico Dallocchio.
- Unlike most of his alternative versions, Nanaue looks like a hammerhead shark.
- 60 Appearances of Nanaue (Prime Earth)
- 29 Images featuring Nanaue (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nanaue (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nanaue (Prime Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."
Suicide Squad member
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.
Secret Society of Super-Villains member