Nasthalthia "Nasty" Luthor was the niece of criminal mastermind Lex Luthor, daughter of his older sister who eloped to Europe as a teenager. She was just as conniving, manipulative and doggedly persistent as her uncle, but less briliant.
Unlike the rest of her family, Nasthalthia was loyal to her uncle Lex and endeavored to help him in his war against his Kryptonians enemies, hoping he would reward her loyalty. To this end she and her uncle came up with a plan to kill Supergirl which consisted of Nasthalthia enrolling at Stanhope College, luring Supergirl out to expose her secret identity, and then informing her uncle, who would end Supergirl with Kryptonite-tipped bullets.
In order to bring Supergirl out in the open, Nasthalthia assembled a motorcycle gang, named Nasty's Nasties by the beleaguered citizens of Midvale, and started a bullying campaign all across the campus. Her plan backfired, though, when Supergirl used her Linda Danvers secret identity and her super-hearing to spy on Nasty and found out about her plans. Supergirl quickly captured Lex Luthor and then scared Nasty's gang out of bullying other students.
Nasty wouldn't give up easily, though. She hung around Stanhope and finally discovered compelling evidence (but not absolute proof) that Linda Danvers was Supergirl's secret identity at their graduation day. Firmly determined to "stick to her like a leech", Nasty followed Linda when she moved to San Francisco, and got a job as a cub photographer at KSF-TV Station, working with Linda.
From that time on, Nasty worked hard to prove Linda Danvers was Supergirl, as well as trying to get her fired. Linda tried to put up with her constant bullying and put-downs, until one day Nasty got Linda's informant killed. Fed up with Nasty and realizing her job had become an unfulfilling chore which compromised her morals, Linda walked out of KSF-TV Station. That time, Nasty didn't follow her.
- This version of Nasty Luthor, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Though her relationship to Lex Luthor was never explained in any story, Mike Sekowsky explained it in the letters page of Adventure Comics #401. Nastalthia is the daughter of Lex's older sister who eloped to Europe as a teenager, and their parents never spoke to her again out of disapproval.
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- 14 Appearances of Nasthalthia Luthor (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Nasthalthia Luthor (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Nasthalthia Luthor (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Nasthalthia Luthor (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."