Ned Creegan was a career criminal who gained powers after being accidentally exposed to radioactive material. His first foray as a supervillain was completely unintentional as his body started to change and his skeleton was exposed during a fight with Batman and Robin. Ironically, the nickname Bag O'Bones was given to him by the Boy Wonder. Because of the nature of his condition, his life-span was shortened every second he spent as Bag O'Bones and he surrendered in order to find a cure. Creegan was cured momentarily and he was subsequently convicted to prison.
His powers eventually evolved, and he adopted the names Cyclotronic Man (fighting Black Lightning and Superman) and One Man Meltdown (against the Outsiders). He was unsuccessful on both occasions, and agreed to undergo treatment to undo the radiation damage.
- Electro-Blast: (formerly) As Bag O'Bones, Creegan could shoot electrical blasts however this ability cost him months of his life with each use.
- Electromagnetism: As Cyclotronic Man, Creegan could cause his body to retain a negative charge and positively charge his opponents to drag them closer to him or do the reverse and send them flying.
- Energy Projection: As Cyclotronic Man, Creegan could project "electron blasts" to damage his enemies.
- Force Field: As Cyclotronic Man, Creegan could harness "free atoms" in the air to create a repulsing shield.
- Chronokinesis: As Cyclotronic Man, Creegan could age an object past it's prime and reduce it to rubble.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 5 Appearances of Ned Creegan (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Ned Creegan (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ned Creegan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ned Creegan (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
|Outsiders Villain(s) |