Negal is the ruler of Charn, the underworld realm where the dead dwell, separated from the living.
Countdown to Mystery
Years after his last encounter with Kent Nelson, Negal came across another human wearing the Helmet of Fate. The man was Kent V. Nelson, grand-nephew of Kent Nelson, the original Doctor Fate. On this first encounter, Negal was taken by surprise and he was defeated by the new Doctor Fate. After this, Negal offered Fate a bargain, but as soon as he learned that Kent V. Nelson had simply got lucky on their first match, he decided to call the bargain off, and they become instant enemies.
Negal tormented Kent V. Nelson and made his life harder with the purpose of breaking his mind and body. At first, Negal killed a woman whom Nelson had recently met, by the name of Inza Fox. Then, Negal dragged Nelson through a hellish dimension in which he was tormented by undead versions of the original members of the Justice Society of America. After this, Nelson gave the Helmet of Fate to a medium called Maddy, who tried to use the Helmet, but she was instantly dragged to Negal's dimension, after his assistant Ymp tormented her. Negal's plan was to eliminate the possibility of any mortal wearing the mantle of Doctor Fate and with that purpose in mind, he captured Maddy, Kent V. Nelson, and Inza, gathering all in his own dimension, and he prepared to exterminate them all.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 8 Appearances of Negal (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Negal (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Negal (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Negal (New Earth)
|Doctor Fate Villain(s) |