Nemesis is one of the Olympian gods, in charge of bringing vengeance for the unjustly killed. Over the millennia, the voices and hatred of the spirits who have died drove her insane and she decided the only ways to bring peace was either to scour the Earth of humanity, or have someone else take her place.
She created a plan to steal the life, form, and powers of Wonder Woman with the help of a trio of war goddesses, the Morrigan, and succeeded. She was partially thwarted by the fate Clotho, whose meddling allowed a sliver of Diana's self to escape.
With Wonder Woman's power in addition to her own, her control over the spirits of the dead and the deadly Flashing Blade, not even the Gods of Olympus dared openly oppose her, relying on Diana to grow strong enough to confront Nemesis once more and regain her power. The two fought, and Diana regained her former being and power. She slew Nemesis with her own sword. As she lay dying, Nemesis was at peace, as the cries of the unjustly slain and the need to punish passed on to someone else.
- This character is an adaptation of Nemesis (mythology), a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 4 Appearances of Nemesis (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Nemesis (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nemesis (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nemesis (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."