The viewers' television screen fuzzes. Control Freak is sitting directly in front of the camera. The villain introduces his "show," Quiz Freak, which is already mid-session. The contestants are seated and prepared for the trivia game. Control Freak helps the audience catch up. [[Brain (Teen Tita
Appearing in "Lightning Round"
Synopsis for "Lightning Round"
The viewers' television screen fuzzes. Control Freak is sitting directly in front of the camera. The villain introduces his "show," Quiz Freak, which is already mid-session. The contestants are seated and prepared for the trivia game. Control Freak helps the audience catch up. Brain is in the lead with 6.02 x 10^23 points. Psimon is in second with 14,000,000,000,000 points. Beast Boy is in dead last with -1 points. The host announces the start of the lightning round, where the loser gets zapped with real lightning. A metal helmet descends from the ceiling onto Beast Boy's head.
Control Freaks starts the game up again. He chooses a category from the board: Galactic Geography. For 1,000 points, Beast Boy's question is: "Of the five planets in the Upsilon Andromedae system, which one is farthest from the primary star?" Beast Boy and Control Freak share a tense glare as Beast Boy thinks of the answer. The hero uneasily guesses Mars. Beast Boy is shocked with lightning from his helmet. The crowd cheers.
Cyborg, who is standing off stage, hacks into the categories board and fills it with categories Beast Boy is best at.
Seeing this chance to redeem himself, Beast Boy smirks and pumps himself up. He shouts out a category and easily answers it. Beast Boy does this for the rest of the categories to the point where he beats all of the villains.
After the game is complete, the metal helmet is victoriously removed from the Titan's head. Three more helmets fall from the ceiling and land on all of the villains. They are all shocked and fall unconscious. Beast Boy has thought so much during the game, he falls to the ground from exhaustion.
- No notes.
- The categories in the beginning of the game (Control Freak's) are:
- Advanced Quantum Mechanincs
- Fuzzy Tamaranian Economics
- Obscure Space Languages
- Temporal Paradoxes
- Galactic Geography
- The categories Cyborg changes onto the board are:
- Cyborg has a different voice actor in this episode, seemingly Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Brain's points total is the scientic number for calculating moles: 6.02 x 10^23.
- There are multiple goofs in this episode.
- When Cyborg hacks the category board, the amount of categorys changes to six from five, despite the boxes being the same size.
- Control Freak's category board spells "Tamaranean" with an "i," making it "Tamaranian."
- Despite the board saying "Beast Boy's Favorite Stuff," Beast Boy shouts out "Terra's Favorite Stuff."
- Beast Boy claims his favorite fast food dish is a Super Triple Patty Bacon Extra Cheese Pizza Burger. However, this defies the long running fact that Beast Boy is a vegetarian and does not eat meat.
- 1 Images from New Teen Titans (Shorts) Episode: Lightning Round
- Discuss Lightning Round on the forums
- Episodes of New Teen Titans (Shorts)
- Images from New Teen Titans (Shorts)
- Gallery for the New Teen Titans (Shorts) series
Links and References