"Today... the Terminator!": Grant Wilson gets into an argument with his girlfriend Carol Sladky. He begins to get abusive when Starfire and Wonder Girl enter the room and repel him with their powers. Because of this (as well as other matters), Carol breaks up with hi
- Who do you want me to kill?
Appearing in "Today... the Terminator!"
- Deathstroke the Terminator (First appearance)
- H.I.V.E. (First full appearance)
- Ravager (Final appearance; dies)
- Trigon (First appearance behind the scenes)
- Carol Sladky (Final appearance)
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Today... the Terminator!"
Grant Wilson gets into an argument with his girlfriend Carol Sladky. He begins to get abusive when Starfire and Wonder Girl enter the room and repel him with their powers. Because of this (as well as other matters), Carol breaks up with him. Swearing revenge, Grant entreaties upon his contacts at H.I.V.E. to gain the ability to get revenge. But the H.I.V.E. is more interested in hiring the services of Grant's father, the Terminator. However, they put Grant through a process that allows him to use 100% of his brain and name him the Ravager. The Ravager later attacks the Titans at the home of Changeling's stepfather Steve Dayton in the Hamptons. Deathstroke appears to provide his son with backup, but the energy required to power Grant's hyper reflexes prematurely ages him. Within minutes, his body can no longer sustain itself and he dies. Deathstroke agrees to complete Grant's contract with the H.I.V.E. but at a time of his own choosing. Meanwhile, Raven returns to her home realm of Azarath to try and divine the secret plans of her demonic father Trigon.
- This issue is reprinted in New Teen Titans Archives, Volume 1.
- This issue is indexed in The Official Teen Titans Index #3.
- Although the title of the series is the New Teen Titans, the team is actually referred to as the New Titans in this issue.
- Starfire's true name, Koriand'r, is revealed in this issue.
- First appearance of Deathstroke the Terminator. Deathstroke will become one of the Titans' most enduring foes.
- First demonstration of Starfire's ability to learn foreign languages through physical contact.
- The relationship between Cyborg and his father Silas is explored in greater detail in Tales of the New Teen Titans #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Teen Titans Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the New Teen Titans series
- Images from New Teen Titans Vol 1 2
Links and References
- New Teen Titans at Wikipedia
- New Teen Titans at Titans Tower
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database