"Who Killed Trident?": The Teen Titans must solve a murder mystery without the aid of their resident detective, Robin, when a new super-villain called Trident is killed with his own weapon after three encounters with different groups of the Titans. Cyborg and [[Garfi
Appearing in "Who Killed Trident?"
- Anthony Scarapelli
- Trident I (Only appearance; dies)
- Trident II (First appearance)
- Trident III (First appearance)
- New Jersey
- New York
Synopsis for "Who Killed Trident?"
The Teen Titans must solve a murder mystery without the aid of their resident detective, Robin, when a new super-villain called Trident is killed with his own weapon after three encounters with different groups of the Titans. Cyborg and Changeling had attempted to foil a robbery by the costumed criminal, who wielded a technologically gimmicked pitchfork; Raven and Wonder Girl had battled him at the Museum of Natural History; and Kid Flash and Terra had pursued him to a drive-in theater after a jewelry heist. Starfire goes in search of Robin and learns that Jason Todd has replaced Dick Grayson as Batman's partner. She then returns to her teammates and deduces that each Titans duo had faced a different criminal, each using the same costume and weapon. Cyborg is then able to trace the deceased Trident's weapon to his two partners, who had killed him when he tried to withhold their shares of the loot. Even as the Titans defeat and capture the other two "Tridents," Robin and Adrian Chase are staging a break in at the home of mob leader Anthony Scarapelli.
- This book was first published on April 14, 1983.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperback New Teen Titans: Terra Icognito.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Teen Titans Vol 1 33 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the New Teen Titans series
- Images from New Teen Titans Vol 1 33
Links and References
- No external links.