- I battled my way to power, and now, Zeus, now I claim Olympus as mine!
- -- Thia
Appearing in "There Might Be... Giants"
- Teen Titans
Synopsis for "There Might Be... Giants"
In Olympus, Thia easily overcomes Zeus and his fellow gods, and proclaims herself ruler. She then explains to Lilith how she freed herself from her exile in Tartarus decades before, and roamed the world in the guise of a human woman. Taking many mortal husbands and lovers over the years, she has borne many children, who have since become some of the most politically and economically powerful people on Earth.
Lilith's father, the wealthy previous owner of Sun Publishing, was done away with as soon as he had served his purpose, like Thia's other paramours before him. Lilith was later lost to her mother when the girl's nurse abducted her as a child.
Back on Paradise Island, Wonder Girl and Starfire use a mystic device called the Oraculum to view a battle between the legendary Titans and their ancient foes, the Giants, in Tartarus, and to learn the whereabouts of Thia.
The Teen Titans travel to Tartarus through the agency of the Oraculum, and team up with their name-sakes against their gigantic enemies. The victory is theirs, but three of the mythological Titans perish in the struggle. Hyperion is aghast at the revelation that his own mate is the one who unleashed the Giants against them.
- No special notes.
- "They Might Be Giants" is also the name of an alternative rock band.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss New Teen Titans Vol 2 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the New Teen Titans series
Links and References
- New Teen Titans at Wikipedia
- New Teen Titans at Titans Tower
- New Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at DCU Guide
- New Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- New Teen Titans (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project