Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nicholas Lucien was born at 5:26 AM on May 21, 1933. His Earth-One counterpart was as well. From an early age, Lucien could sense the existence of his counterpart across the Multiverse. His resentment of this unseen counterpart was one of the factors that led Lucien to a life of crime. By 1955, Lucien had established himself as Brimstone, the "modern Mephistopheles" who plagued Gotham City with Satanic-themes crimes. He knocked unconscious during a fight with Gotham's protector, Batman. This results in a coma that lasts 28 years. When Lucien is finally awakened in 1983, he finds that his body is atrophied from years of disuse. Perhaps more upsetting to the vengeful criminal is the news that he gets from his new cellmate, the Joker. Batman has died in the time Lucien has been in his coma. Lucien reaches out with his mind and possesses his Earth-One counterpart, who is not a criminal but a well-respected member of his community. The Earth-Two Lucien forces his double to adopt the Brimstone identity on Earth-One and attempt to kill the Earth-One Batman. After this fails, the mind of the Earth-Two Lucien is forced back into its own body. The Earth-Two Nicholas Lucien is now totally paralyzed as a side-effect of the exertion caused by his mental projection across the dimensional barrier.
- Possession: Brimstone can cast his mind across dimensions and possess his counterparts in those other dimensions. However, we only see him do this with his Earth-One counterpart (who he had been in psychic contact with for years); it's quite possible that Earth-One is the only dimension he can reach with his mind.
- Gadgetry: Brimstone habitually used his intellect to develop demon-themed traps.
- This version of Brimstone, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Enemy of Earth-One Batman and Earth-Two Batman.
- 1 Appearances of Nicholas Lucien (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Nicholas Lucien (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nicholas Lucien (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Nicholas Lucien (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."