Nicholas Lucien was born at 5:26 AM on May 21, 1933. His Earth-One counterpart was as well. From an early age, Lucien could sense the existence of his counterpart across the Multiverse. His resentment of this unseen counterpart was one of the factors that led Lucien to a life of crime. By 1955, Lucien had established himself as Brimstone, the "modern Mephistopheles" who plagued Gotham City with Satanic-themes crimes. He was knocked unconscious during a fight with Gotham's protector, Batman. This resulted in a coma that lasted 28 years. When Lucien finally awoke in 1983, he found his body atrophied from years of disuse. Perhaps more upsetting to the vengeful criminal was the news he got from his new cellmate, the Joker: Batman had died in the time Lucien has been in his coma. Lucien reached out with his mind and possessed his Earth-One counterpart, who was not a criminal but a well-respected member of his community. The Earth-Two Lucien forced his double to adopt the Brimstone identity on Earth-One and attempt to kill the Earth-One Batman. After this failed, the mind of the Earth-Two Lucien was forced back into its own body. Unfortunately for him, as a side-effect of the exertion caused by his mental projection across the dimensional barrier, the Earth-Two Nicholas Lucien was now completely paralyzed.
- Possession: Brimstone can cast his mind across dimensions and possess his counterparts in those other dimensions. However, we only see him do this with his Earth-One counterpart (who he had been in psychic contact with for years); it's quite possible that Earth-One is the only dimension he can reach with his mind.
- Gadgetry: Brimstone habitually used his intellect to develop demon-themed traps.
- This version of Brimstone, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Enemy of Earth-One Batman and Earth-Two Batman.
This version of Brimstone is the only evil version of Brimstone that is human and reveals his full face, excluding Christopher King, who was good.
- 1 Appearances of Nicholas Lucien (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Nicholas Lucien (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Nicholas Lucien (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Nicholas Lucien (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."