"The Anachronism": Nightwing meets the Batman of the 853rd Century. Batman fights Nightwing because out of "custom" as he had studied on how masked lawmen of this era meet and challenge one another to test their skills, much to Nightwing's chagrin. Fortunately, the Datarangs that Batman uses aga
- I have a potentially stupid question of my own. Is it the custom of everyone in this era to wear masks?
Appearing in "The Anachronism"
Synopsis for "The Anachronism"
Nightwing meets the Batman of the 853rd Century. Batman fights Nightwing because out of "custom" as he had studied on how masked lawmen of this era meet and challenge one another to test their skills, much to Nightwing's chagrin. Fortunately, the Datarangs that Batman uses against Nightwing are harmless and has them place a mark on his genetic code to allow Batman from losing track of Nightwing.
The two heroes travel through the ruins of post-Cataclysm Gotham while they learned from one another. The duo then stop Slyfox and Riddler's henchmen Query and Echo (who are posing as construction workers) in the middle of a robbery. After dealing with the criminals, Nightwing and Batman discuss about the Hourman Virus in which the latter has the means to finding a cure, but he lacks the necessary equipment. Nightwing knows where he can find them and leads Batman to the Batcave.
- This issue is reprinted in the DC One Million Omnibus.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Nightwing Vol 2 1000000 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Nightwing series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
|DC One Million Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the "DC One Million" event that crossed over into every DC Title in 1998. It involved present day interaction with versions of the characters seen in contemporary comic books with their counterparts in the 853rd Century.