Nik Mayak was a normal young Chinese American man who was horribly injured in an accident. With his legs useless, he was confined to a hospital bed. However, at the advice of his uncle, he began training his upper body to not be totally helpless, and practiced knife-throwing.
One day, the hospital was attacked by the parasite Lissik. She killed and fed upon everyone in the hospital, but Nik survived. When he was found by doctors, it was discovered he had regained use of his legs.
Returning home, he found his family brutally slaughtered. To avenge them, he donned a costume and became Nightblade. Together with Coast City's protector, Hal Jordan, he drove the parasites out of the city. He later teamed up with the other heroes and "New Bloods" to defeated the other parasites that had come to Earth.
Nightblade continued his superhero activities after the Blood Pack broke up, and was called upon by Oracle to help all the other superheroes to defend Metropolis from the Society. Nik and the Blood Pack fought against Solomon Grundy; however, Superboy-Prime killed them all with his heat vision.
- Regeneration: Nik Mayak has the power to regenerate any part of his body if it's cut off or damaged.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Nightblade's reflexes are significantly sharper than the average person's.
- Enhanced Strength
- Martial Arts
- Knife Throwing: Nik Mayak has trained himself to be an expert of throwing knives or any other sharp objects.
- 16 Appearances of Nik Mayak (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Nik Mayak (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Nik Mayak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nik Mayak (New Earth)
This character was one of the many superpowered individuals introduced during the "Bloodlines" crossover event, where a number of Alien Parasites invaded the Earth and inadvertently activated the Metagene in a number of people. While not necessarily all members of the "Blood Pack", this group of people has come to be known as the "New Bloods". This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "New Bloods" category.