Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nimbus belongs to a race of living beings who are spiritually bound to members of the Branx species of Emana Branx. When a Branx dies, it is the function of these "Angels of Mercy" to ferry their spirit to a newly born life form so that the cycle of rebirth can begin anew. Centuries ago, the alien scientists known as the Psions captured a Branx Warrior and through experimentation, attempted to crossbreed it with a native of the planet Okaara known as X'Hal. The experiment permanently severed the spiritual cord between the Branx and his "angel" and the wraith transformed into an insubstantial nimbus of energy.
In the years that followed, Nimbus became a diplomat and liaison to the fugitives of the Citadel Empire (who had since controlled most worlds within the Vega star system). The strongest of the fugitives became known as the Omega Men. Nimbus continued to serve with the Omega Men, traveling from planet to planet looking for new recruits in their ongoing struggle against the Citadel.
During one mission, Nimbus once again encountered X’Hal who elevated him to a state of godhood and merged his essence with that of the planet known as Kuraq. Nimbus was unable to leave this world for many years, but was eventually freed and rejoined the Omega Men. 
- Intangibility: Nimbus is not a wholly corporeal being and as such his body is largely insubstantial. He can make himself entirely intangible at will.
- No Physical Body
- Ectokinesis: As an Angel of Mercy, Nimbus possessed the ability to ferry the souls of the dead into waiting receptacles so that they might be reincarnated. Since being permanently separated from his Branx host, Nimbus' acuity with this skill has altered dramatically.
- Fatal Touch: By enshrouding his victims within the darkness of his own being, Nimbus can cause instantaneous death. This ability developed as a side effect of Psion experimentation after he was forcibly separated from his Branx host. Nimbus has never been comfortable with this aspect of his powers, but will not hesitate to rely upon it should the need arise.
- Self-Sustenance: Nimbus does not require nourishment, nor does he require rest. He can exist in nearly any planetary system without concern for the possible toxicity level of its atmosphere.
- Diplomacy: Nimbus is a skilled diplomat and has worked as an adviser for the Omega Men and a liaison for various alien races.
- Power Limitation (formerly): For a period of time, Nimbus' essence was bound to the planet Kuraq. He has since been freed however and has rejoined the Omega Men.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 36 Appearances of Nimbus (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Nimbus (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Nimbus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nimbus (New Earth)
- Nimbus at dccomics.com
- Omega Men at Wikipedia.org
- Nimbus profile at DCU Guide
- Nimbus profile at Cosmic Teams
|Omega Men member|
This character is or was a member of the Omega Men, intergalactic freedom fighters who operate in the Vega system, one of the most dangerous sectors of the universe. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Omega Men members category."