Nina Skorzeny, known as Scream Queen, was the vampire lead singer of Scare Tactics.
A member of the Skorzeny clan of vampires in Markovia, Nina's family was wiped out by a group of vampire killers called Graveyard Shift. The group was responsible for many vampire concentration camps as they attempted to exterminate all the vampires in Markovia. Nina was able to survive their efforts and escaped to America. This left her with a deep distrust of humans, who she called "breathers" or "normals".
After making it to America, she was captured by R-Complex, a government agency that subjected her to numerous experiments. She was eventually rescued by the efforts of Arnold Burnsteel and Fate. The pair also freed Fang, Slither, and Gross-Out. Burnsteel suggested the group form a band to serve as cover while they try to out-run R-Complex agents.
Scream Queen met Catwoman on one occasion. The pair battled Graveyard Shift members and an elder vampire in Gotham City. Nina was forced to kill the vampire to save Catwoman's life. She felt some guilt over killing a member of her own kind to save a human but the pair had bonded and Catwoman became one of the few humans Scream Queen saw as a friend.
Eventually, Scream Queen began to change her view of her Scare Tactics teammates, finally seeing them as friends. Following Slither's death, Nina arranged for the group to take his ashes and throw them in his father's face. She also bit and sucked all the alcohol from Burnsteel's system when he got drunk to deal with his grief. Following Gross-Out's transformation and departure from Earth, the group was left with only three members. They vowed to carry on, however, and set out to search for new members.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
- On the rare occasions when she does feed on a human, she has a distinct preference for female blondes.
- 16 Appearances of Nina Skorzeny (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Nina Skorzeny (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Nina Skorzeny (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nina Skorzeny (New Earth)