Copy Edit Needed
Norman was born as a child of two unnamed people. His mother died at his birth. His father, a mad artist, took the baby and made him become an "artwork" by cutting his lips away and making him "smile" forever. As an adult, Norman took revenge on his father by cutting him into pieces and putting them in glass boxes, letting him watch a video about how Batman, Robin and Nightrunner were trying to find Rotrig. It's possible that he might watch it for eternity. To make the three heroes look for him, he freed four of Paris' craziest villains from prison, taking a gas bomb in front of his head that makes him look like "The son of the man".
- This character's alias is a reference to the 1928 silent film, The Man Who Laughs, which is often cited as an inspiration for the Joker. "Norman Rotrig" is an anagram of "Grant Morrison", the original writer of the Batman and Robin series. The Man Who Laughs, or "L'homme qui rit" in french, was originally a philosophic novel written by Victor Hugo.
- 1 Appearances of Norman Rotrig (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Norman Rotrig (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Norman Rotrig (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Norman Rotrig (New Earth)