Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I'm a scientist, not a warrior.
- -- Vulko src
Vulko is the chief scientific adviser of Atlantis and is probably its most notorious political and academic figure (he has been involved in most of the political changes and revolution the city has gone through). He knew Aquaman's mother and was an advisor to King Trevis. He was present at Aquaman's birth, and argued against leaving Aquaman to die, claiming the curse of Kordax was a silly superstition. Chronologically, he later befriends Aquaman when both were held in an Atlantean prison. After Aquaman frees himself and gains his throne, he makes Vulko his regent.
He assists Aquaman and the Atom in repelling microscopic invaders from a "single drop of water". They are led by Galg The Destroyer. Soon after he supervises the transition of Atlantis citizens from water to air breathers; this is needed to escape an enemy attack. For a time, he is the King of Atlantis. He is present when Aquagirl is confirmed dead. Vulko is the one to affix a harpoon to Aquaman's missing hand.
Vulko became disenchanted with Aquaman's rule; he is one of many to leave for another underground city, led by one of Aquaman's sons Koryak. There, these citizens are brainwashed and forced to fight in a war against yet another city.
As with all Atlanteans, he is sucked back in time. This leads to the events of the "Obsidian Age". Atlantis had been stranded thousands of years in the past. The recovery of it the continent to its proper location and time involves sinking it yet again. It took the Justice League only a few months to rescue the missing underwater dwellers but for them it was fifteen years in slavery to their masters, led by the evil Gamemnae. Vulko is one of many who sentence Aquaman to die on Traitor's Rock. Despite losing his empathy with sea life, Aquaman survives this.
Vulko discovers a cabal of Atlanetean magic users, empowered by the "Obsidian Age" incident have turned traitor and are mistreating innocent prisoners. Vulko resolves to help fight against them.
He was killed during the attack by the Spectre; this attack destroys Atlantis and kills most of the citizens. The Spectre, not in his right mind, had been convinced the source of all evil was magic and had been going after Atlantean sorcerers. Vulko's body is later found, along with the body of Koryak. His ghost appeares and has moved into the location called Windward Home.
- Asphyxiation: Atlanteans can only exist outside of water for a limited period of time or else they will dehydrate, asphyxiate and ultimately die.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 134 Appearances of Nuidis Vulko (New Earth)
- 20 Images featuring Nuidis Vulko (New Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Nuidis Vulko (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Nuidis Vulko (New Earth)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.