Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Human Genius vs. Thinking Machine": Buddy Blank, having reverted to his original human form, finds himself stranded on pillar of rock in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Suddenly, an unseen force dissipates his atoms, and transports Buddy inside the rock where he re-emerges in a spherical la
- You're a traitor to the scientific community, Skuba! You've used your skills to blackmail mankind and bring it to its knees -- but all that is at an end now!
- -- Brother Eye
Appearing in "Human Genius vs. Thinking Machine"
- Indian Ocean
- Doctor Skuba's lair
Synopsis for "Human Genius vs. Thinking Machine"
Buddy Blank, having reverted to his original human form, finds himself stranded on pillar of rock in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Suddenly, an unseen force dissipates his atoms, and transports Buddy inside the rock where he re-emerges in a spherical laboratory operated by a criminal scientist named Doctor Skuba.
Buddy meets Doctor Skuba as well as his daughter Seaweed and her husband Apollo. Seaweed takes an instant liking to Buddy, but Apollo is rude and apprehensive of the man's presence. Doctor Skuba gives Buddy a tour of his facility and explains how he was able to create a laboratory inside of a rocky peak.
While Buddy spends time with Apollo and Seaweed, Doctor Skuba analyzes some of his machines. He discovers that something is monitoring him and soon realizes that the scanning waves he detected come from Brother Eye. He now knows that Buddy Blank is acting on behalf of the Global Peace Agency.
Apollo and Seaweed meanwhile continue with the tour. They show Buddy a laboratory where Doctor Skuba has been using his science to turn humans into grotesque abominations. Doctor Skuba enters the lab and tries to shoot Buddy. At that moment, Brother Eye activates a magnetic beam which causes large pieces of equipment to hurtle throughout the room towards Skuba. The scientist evades being hit by the flying pieces of metal and retreats to his secure monitoring station. Skuba activates a beam that causes meteors and space debris to bombard Brother Eye. After the satellite is covered in a veritable sea of rock, Skuba projects a beam of intense thermal energy that fuses the space debris around Brother Eye, trapping it inside of a prison of molten slag.
- Final issue of the series.
- The Apollo that appears in this issue is not to be confused with the Greek God Apollo.
- This issue was Jack Kirby's last regular series for DC Comics. After this, he returned to his alma mater Marvel Comics where he began writing the Eternals.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss OMAC Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the OMAC series
- Images from OMAC Vol 1 8
Links and References
- O.M.A.C. article at Wikipedia
- O.M.A.C. (Pre-Crisis) biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- O.M.A.C. units description page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Jack Kirby article at Wikipedia