Ohiyesa "Pow Wow" Smith, was the Native American sheriff of of the town of Elkorn. He left his home Red Deer Valley to learn more about the white man's world. His tracking and expert gun skills won him employment as a deputy sheriff, and eventually the job of sheriff of Elkhorn. Ohiyesa's deputy is Hank Brown. Once sheriff, Pow Wow spends most of his time in town of Elkhorn, only rarely returning to Red Deer Valley. He prefers to be addressed by his given name, Ohiyesa, but the white citizenry take to calling him "Pow Wow" so stubbornly that he eventually gives up and accepts the nickname among them.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Pow-Wow Smith did not possess any superhuman capabilities.
- Equestrianism: Pow-Wow Smith was a capable horseback rider, and cultivated a strong bond with his horse.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Pow-Wow Smith was an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant.
- Firearms: Pow-Wow Smith was an expert marksman.
- Throwing: Pow-Wow Smith is an expert at throwing weapons. His preferred weapon is a Native American tamahaac.
- Multilingualism: Pow-Wow Smith is fluent in several Native American dialects.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- All-Star Western (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics
- Western Comics
- Who's Who (Volume 1) #18 (Pow-Wow Smith biography page)
- 108 Appearances of Ohiyesa I (New Earth)
- 35 Images featuring Ohiyesa I (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ohiyesa I (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ohiyesa I (New Earth)
- Ohiyesa I (New Earth) at Wikipedia.org
- Pow-Wow Smith article at Toonpedia
- Pow-Wow Smith biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: