- Great Thunder!
- -- Pow-Wow Smith src
Ohiyesa "Pow Wow" Smith was the Native American sheriff of of the town of Elkorn. He left his home Red Deer Valley to learn more about the white man's world. His tracking and expert gun skills won him employment as a deputy sheriff, and eventually the job of sheriff of Elkhorn. Ohiyesa's deputy was Hank Brown. Once sheriff, Pow Wow spent most of his time in town of Elkhorn, only rarely returning to Red Deer Valley. He prefered to be addressed by his given name, Ohiyesa, but the white citizenry took to calling him "Pow Wow" so stubbornly that he eventually gave up and accepted the nickname among them.
- Equestrianism: Pow-Wow Smith was a capable horseback rider, and cultivated a strong bond with his horse.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Pow-Wow Smith was an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant.
- Firearms: Pow-Wow Smith was an expert marksman.
- Throwing: Pow-Wow Smith is an expert at throwing weapons. His preferred weapon is a Native American tamahaac.
- Multilingualism: Pow-Wow Smith is fluent in several Native American languages.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Ohiyesa is also known as The Winner (Sioux name) and the Indian Lawman.
- All-Star Western (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics
- Western Comics
- Who's Who (Volume 1) #18 (Pow-Wow Smith biography page)
- 109 Appearances of Ohiyesa Smith (New Earth)
- 35 Images featuring Ohiyesa Smith (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Ohiyesa Smith (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ohiyesa Smith (New Earth)
- Pow-Wow Smith at dccomics.com
- Pow Wow Smith at Wikipedia.org
- Pow-Wow Smith article at Toonpedia
- Pow-Wow Smith biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe