"Under Siege": Primus leads the Omega Men against an all-out attack against Euphorix's planetary shield. He wishes no harm to his home world, but is desperate to return to be with his wife Kalista. All of the ships under Primus' command use grav
- As usual, you are too late. You see, I am safely within the palace, within the shield... while you are safely... without. So shall you remain. Forever. Amusing, no?
- -- Alonzo Dulak
Appearing in "Under Siege"
- Omega Men Mothership
- Satellite glider
Synopsis for "Under Siege"
Primus leads the Omega Men against an all-out attack against Euphorix's planetary shield. He wishes no harm to his home world, but is desperate to return to be with his wife Kalista. All of the ships under Primus' command use gravity beams to hurl meteors against a concentrated section of the shield. Unfortunately, those planet-side cannot deactivate the shield because Alonzo Dulak and Queen Kalista destroyed the controls.
At the royal palace, Alonzo enters Kalista's bedchambers to give her an update. He lies and tells her that Primus refuses to speak with her. She rises from her bed, determined to learn the truth about the matter. Kalista addresses her congregation in an effort to explain the attack.
Within hours of the initial bombardment, the great shield begins to show signs of strain. However, another danger presents itself. Should the shield collapse, tons of space debris will fall to the planet injuring or killing hundreds of people.
Kalista finally opens up a broadcast channel to Primus' ship. The two argue with one another and Alonzo Dulak's deceptions become clear to them both. Primus realizes how foolish he has been acting and orders the fleet to terminate the attack. It is too late though. The shield is buckling and not even Kalista's sorcery is strong enough to keep the space debris from raining down upon them if it ruptures.
Salvation comes in the form of Auron - the godlike son of X'Hal. He reveals that the shield had been powered by a portion of X'Hal's essence. Auron descends into the shield itself and re-absorbs all of the energy that maintained its form. The shield is destroyed forever and the Omega Men are able to blast the falling debris into dust before it can cause any harm.
Primus is reunited with Kalista, but it is a bittersweet union. She is furious that he had allowed his passions to endanger so many lives. Primus apologizes, but Kalista is still furious. As he leaves the palace with his head hung low, Kalista begins to trail after him saying "I love you, too".
- Ricardo Villagran is credited on the cover to this issue, but did not contribute material to either the cover nor the inside story. The cover was inked by Mike DeCarlo and the interior pages were inked by Romeo Tanghal.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Omega Men Vol 1 15 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Omega Men series
Links and References
- Omega Men (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Omega Men (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project