In 1940, Nazi Germany occupied the neutral country of Norway. The soldiers razed Ona's home village and killed her father. At the height of the war, Ona became a member of the Norwegian resistance and later became a volunteer soldier for a special American military detachment code-named, the Losers.
Ona Tornsen was a competent strategist and hand-to-hand combatant.
In her prime, Oma Tornsen possessed the strength level of a woman her age, size and weight who engaged in intensive regular exercise. Presumably, her strength level decreased with age.
Submachine gun (model unknown)
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Ona Tornsen was the only female soldier to ever serve with the Losers.
- Our Fighting Forces #135
- Our Fighting Forces #136
- Our Fighting Forces #137
- Our Fighting Forces #138
- Our Fighting Forces #139
- Our Fighting Forces #140
- Our Fighting Forces #141
- Our Fighting Forces #142
- Our Fighting Forces #143
- Our Fighting Forces #144
- Our Fighting Forces #145
- Our Fighting Forces #173
- Unknown Soldier (Volume 1) #265
- 20 Appearances of Ona Tornsen (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Ona Tornsen (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ona Tornsen (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ona Tornsen (New Earth)
- Ona Tornsen biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Losers page at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: