"Home Again, Home Again": Barbara Gordon returns home to Gotham City where she settles into an apartment in one of Gotham's not-so illustrious neighborhoods. There she immediately begins outfitting the unit with the measures necessary to re-construct the Oracle
Appearing in "Home Again, Home Again"
- Larry "Chaos Larry" Rand (First appearance)
- Cheese-Fiend (Only appearance; dies)
- Dick Grayson (voice only)
- Dinah Lance (voice only)
Synopsis for "Home Again, Home Again"
Barbara Gordon returns home to Gotham City where she settles into an apartment in one of Gotham's not-so illustrious neighborhoods. There she immediately begins outfitting the unit with the measures necessary to re-construct the Oracle's cyber headquarters. She becomes so wrapped up in returning to her digital fortress that she neglects to even modify her non-wheelchair friendly amenities - let alone return the several missed calls from concerned family and friends. Secluding herself in her apartment, Barbara retreats back into her online world. There she spends most of her time on the hunt for the last remnants of the Anti-Life Equation. The mind-blowingly complex mathematical equation is now shattered into an unknown number of information clusters strewn throughout the net.
However, Oracle isn't the only one trying to track down the Anti-Life Clusters as it seems the Calculator is interested in them as well - mostly as a means of healing his daughter Wendy, who was attacked months ago and put into a coma. It would seem as though he is collecting the bits of information and then having their mathematical specifications carved into the facets of several crystals. He also bides his time between standing at his daughter's bedside and concocting an elaborate enough ruse to get himself access to one of the nation's largest databanks. Once he gains access he does a search for the names of any others who may be tracking down the ALE. There he comes across the name of one of Oracle's online agents and, using a fake screen name, requests an e-meeting between himself and the agent in an online chat world called Alta Viva.
When the two meet up, Calculator convinces the agent to let him see her portion of the code. Once the agent complies, Calculator simply copies the data and then uses his abilities to murder the agent, sending a pulse directly into her brain causing her head to explode. Hacking into the web-cam feed, Oracle stares in horror at the image of her friend's decapitated body.
- This book was first published on March 25, 2009.
- The events of this book take place after Battle for the Cowl: Commissioner Gordon #1 and before Batman: Battle for the Cowl #2.
- There is a reference to Charles Babbage.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Oracle: The Cure Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Oracle: The Cure series
- Images from Oracle: The Cure Vol 1 1
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- No external links.