Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Centuries ago, Atlantis was ruled by Atlan, Orin's brother and true king of Atlantis. As Atlan grew Atlantis in land and population, he let foreigners into the city. The cross-breeding of Atlantean and non-Atlantean was seen as an effrontery by Orin. He eventually took power of Atlantis and injured Atlan in the coup.
His decedents would continue to rule the sunken kingdom of Atlantis for years to come.
- Atlantean Biological Adaptation: The Atlanteans are an offshoot of humanity that is biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. For most Atlanteans, this means that can breathe underwater, endure the pressures of the deep (among other adaptations), and can only spend a very limited time out of water. He also possesses superhuman levels of strength, speed, endurance and durability, all by-products of his body being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths.
- Orin was created by Peter David and Esteban Maroto, first appearing in Atlantis Chronicles #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Orin first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Aquaman (Volume 7) #24 by Geoff Johns and Paul Pelletier.
- 1 Appearances of Orin I (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Orin I (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Orin I (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Orin I (Prime Earth)