Much of the Prankster's earlier criminal career is presumably shared with his Earth-Two counterpart. A mischievous and sometimes homicidal prankster, like his alias suggests, Oswald Loomis has appeared sporadically over the years just to bring anxiety and confusion to his favorite butt of jokes, Superman. The Prankster has also been known to occasionally team up with similarly themed super-criminal, the Toyman, to perplex Superman, such as by breaking de facto obsolete laws like putting pennies in one's ears in Honolulu. In his last known appearance, the Prankster teamed up with the Joker in order to empty the bank account of a famous movie comedian named Jerry Travis, who they believed had swindled them both out of $250,000. Together, the Prankster and the Joker attempted to steal the catalog for the auction of Travis's personal possessions, having reason to believe that the location of a passbook to his bank account would be recorded within. However, Prankster betrayed Joker on the verge of success and took the nearby Perry White as a hostage to ensure that Superman would not chase after him. Ultimately, an unusual alliance between Superman and the Joker brought the Prankster's scheme down, and the Joker then gave the Prankster a lethal dose of poison, taking the passbook for himself. Ultimately, Superman stopped the Joker, used technology from the Fortress of Solitude to save the Prankster's life, and rescued Perry White. The Prankster has not appeared since.
Various gimmick-related weapons including pop-guns, acid-squirting lapel flowers, remote controlled explosives, etc.
- This version of Prankster, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- The Earth-One Prankster appears in the Bronze Age reality that Superman was cast into during the Dominus Effect stories.
- 10 Appearances of Oswald Loomis (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Oswald Loomis (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Oswald Loomis (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Oswald Loomis (Earth-One)
- The Prankster at dccomics.com
- Prankster (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe XVIII
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."