According to Johnny Chambers (Johnny Quick), Parsifal was the Axis powers' secret weapon behind enemy lines in the occupied territories, which the American government had covered up by saying Adolf Hitler was using the Ancient Spear of Destiny to keep the American "mystery men" out of their territories. Alan Scott (Green Lantern) and Ted Knight (Starman) discovered this in 1940 when they went to Germany on a reconnaissance mission, and barely escaped with their lives. Parsifal showed up again in 1942 in the Philippines during General McCarthy's "initial push", which Jay Garrick (The Flash) and "Happy" Terrill (The Ray) were part of. From that point on, the United States President decreed that no American superhero was to go behind enemy lines, fearing that a superhero's death would be too much of a morale blow.
Tex Thompson (Americommando) was credited for finally finding and killing Parisfal after years of both Nazi Germany and U.S. intelligence not being able to pinpoint him. However, while Paul Kirk (Manhunter) was under hypnosis by Carter Hall (Hawkman) to unlock the mystery behind his disturbing dreams, it was revealed that Kirk and not Thompson was actually responsible for the killing of Parsifal.
The ability to cancel out a superhero's powers.
- This character is native to the JSA: The Golden Age series of stories. He was mostly a behind-the-scenes character.
- 2 Appearances of Otto Frentz (JSA: The Golden Age)
- 1 Images featuring Otto Frentz (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Quotations by or about Otto Frentz (JSA: The Golden Age)
- Character Gallery: Otto Frentz (JSA: The Golden Age)