Otto von Furth was a German miner when a cave-in trapped him and his fellow miners for several days. They had been mining highly radioactive radium, and everyone but Otto succumbed to radiation poisoning. Otto was rescued and taken to a local hospital, but he was soon kidnapped by ex-Nazi General Zahl. Zahl performed experiments on Otto's radioactive body, resulting in Otto being mutated into a barely sentient being of protoplasm. Zahl dubbed him Plasmus, and brought him in as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil. Plasmus and the Brotherhood have opposed the Teen Titans on numerous occasions.
Plasmus was among the many super-villains that were apprehended by Task Force X and exiled to the planet Salvation. He was used by Lex Luthor as a power source for a teleportation device which returned the villains to Earth, and is killed when it self-destructs.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Unique Physiology: Otto von Furth's entire body has been converted into protoplasm due to heavy amounts of radium poisoning.
- Disintegration: Plasmus' chemically converted body gives him the ability to bring a painful, burning death to whomever he makes physical contact with, reducing their body mass into a protoplasmic state.
- Radiation Production: Plasmus' body gives off low levels of harmful radiation.
- 51 Appearances of Otto von Furth (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Otto von Furth (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Otto von Furth (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Otto von Furth (New Earth)
- Otto von Furth (New Earth) at Wikipedia.org
- Plasmus profile at DCU Guide
- Plasmus profile at Titans Tower
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe XVIII
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.
Doom Patrol Villain(s)