"War Party": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- Yes--it's kill--or be killed--in these battle skies! Tomorrow is another day!
- -- Enemy Ace
Appearing in "War Party"
Synopsis for "War Party"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Enemy Ace"
- Enemy Ace (First appearance)
- Fokker Dr.I
- Royal Aircraft Factory F.E.2
Synopsis for "Enemy Ace"
Hans celebrates his 50th kill when he is grazed by the wildly fired bullet of his 51st victim. He hovers in and out of consciousness, but still manages to land his plane. He broods on the fact that even in the arms of a beautiful nurse and among his fellow pilots, he still feels lonely as if they stand apart from the "killing machine". He finds some solace in taking a rifle into the forest and hunting for awhile with another predator, a wolf, who recognizes a kindred spirit. Then, Hans takes to the skies once more to defend a zeppelin on a bombing run from three enemy fighters. He manages to shoot two down, but the third deliberately rams his damaged plane into the zeppelin.
- "War Party" is reprinted in Sgt. Rock Special #15.
- "Enemy Ace" is reprinted in the Enemy Ace Archives, Volume 1, Enemy Ace Special #1, DC Special #26 and Star-Spangled War Stories #151.
- First appearance of Enemy Ace. Hans von Hammer becomes a regularly featured character in this title and Star-Spangled War Stories. He appears next in Our Army at War #156.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Our Army at War Vol 1 151 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Our Army at War series
Links and References
- Our Army at War article at Wikipedia
- Our Army at War series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Our Army at War series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Our Army at War series index at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics