Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"No One Comes Down Alive From -- Buzzard Bait Hill": Sgt. Rock and Easy Company take refuge in a French farmhouse. Inside they meet a kindly French woman and a crazy World War I veteran. The man still believes World War I is being fought and orders the men of Easy to take Hill 711, where his uni
Appearing in "No One Comes Down Alive From -- Buzzard Bait Hill"
- Lt. Teller (Only appearance; dies)
- Yvette (Single appearance)
- Several World War I soldiers (Pat, Wilson, Nicholas, and Meyer named) (Only appearance; dies) (Flashback only)
- Nazi Panzer
Synopsis for "No One Comes Down Alive From -- Buzzard Bait Hill"
Sgt. Rock and Easy Company take refuge in a French farmhouse. Inside they meet a kindly French woman and a crazy World War I veteran. The man still believes World War I is being fought and orders the men of Easy to take Hill 711, where his unit was killed. When Easy tries to leave peacefully, the World War I Lieutenant threatens to shoot them.
Rock and Easy humor the old soldier and climb the seemingly peaceful hill. Suddenly they are fired upon as the Nazis have secretly entrenched the hill. Rock and the old Lieutenant lead the men up the hill and succeed in taking it from the enemy. Lieutenant Teller is shot and killed, but not before seeing his mission accomplished.
Appearing in "Somebody Down There's Laughing"
- 1st Lt. Roy (Only appearance; dies)
- Roy's Superior Officer
- Viet Cong
- Vietnam Volunteers (Only appearance; dies)
- Recoiless Rifle
- US Air Force Jet Fighters
Synopsis for "Somebody Down There's Laughing"
1st Lt. Roy is late getting back to his military outpost and learns that his own brother, who was also stationed at the outpost, was killed while tracking him down as an AWOL. Roy is reprimanded but he is needed to take charge of a group of new Vietnam volunteers. Before he can arrive however, the volunteers are ambushed by Viet Cong, who then take the uniforms of the volunteers in order to infiltrate the Allied outpost. Roy, however, discerns from their military precision that these new recruits are not what they seem. He manages to call out for assistance and realizes that his only option is to call in an airstrike on his own position. As he orders it, though, the Viet Cong discover what he has done and shoots the radio from his hand. Roy makes for a small hut and battles the Viet Cong. They are soon reinforced with additional Cong troops, but Roy manages to hold on until the airstrike arrives and levels everyone with napalm, including Roy himself.
- "No One Comes Down Alive from – Buzzard Bait Hill" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Sgt Rock, (Volume ume) #3
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Our Army at War Vol 1 170 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Our Army at War series
Links and References
- Our Army at War article at Wikipedia
- Our Army at War series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Our Army at War series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Our Army at War series index at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics