- What the Hell is the matter with you? I mean, aside from the obvious! Ignoring all the many layers of denial, and the fifty feet of psychological body armor that you throw up to avoid feeling anything! Aside from that -- ! And the pathological need to control everything on Earth and beyond! Ignoring all that -- ! What exactly is your compulsion, your burning desire to deceive, lie and manipulate the only people who give a good god damn about you!?
- -- Dick Grayson
Appearing in "Silent Partner"
- Deathstroke (as Batman)
- Killer Croc (On a TV or computer screen)
- Two-Face (On a TV or computer screen)
- Wayne Enterprises
- Zatanna (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Silent Partner"
Nightwing confronts Batman over his funding of the Outsiders, although Batman doesn't see why this is a problem for Nightwing - it was simply irrelevant information as far as he is concerned. Earlier, Arsenal had confessed tha much of his intel had come from Batman, so this naturally comes up in the conversation as well. However, Batman denies all knowledge of this, and when Nightwing calls Arsenal, his colleague is also talking to Batman. Only it's not Batman - it is Deathstroke, who has been feeding Arsenal information for his own purposes, and now that his imposture has been exposed, he plans to kill Arsenal.
- No special notes.
- This story partially deals with the aftermath of Identity Crisis. When Nightwing questions Batman as to why he has so much difficulty trusting his fellow heroes, he hazily recalls a lost memory of betrayal. This is the mindwipe given to him by Zatanna.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Outsiders Vol 3 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Outsiders series