Overmaster is an alien entity, a self styled like a celestial force beyond good and evil, which acted as a heavenly judge. After judging a world unworthy, he collected specimens of the species on the planet, then destroyed all life on the planet.
Some time later he appeared on earth, he created and manipulated the Cadre, he created the Cadre as a way to test mankind. After the defeat of the group by the Justice League Overmaster disappeared. Years later he appeared through the Aryan Brigade, The Extremists, and the Cadre of the Immortal. Overmaster silently recruited members from these groups to form a new Cadre. He then announced his intention to destroy the Earth. To demonstrate his power he turned off Central City, interrupted the planet's communications and stopped all deaths and births throughout the world.
The Justice League intervened and used his own technology to reverse any damage caused. During the battle Ice ended up being killed by Overmaster. Overmaster was accidentally killed by Amazing Man and his satellite technology was used as a basis for the Justice League's Satellite.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- He is an entity of 580 million years.
- 20 Appearances of Overmaster (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Overmaster (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Overmaster (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Overmaster (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."