Paco Ramone's career as a Justice Leaguer was as short as they come. His career as Vibe began shortly after Aquaman disbanded the original Justice League. When young Paco heard that a new Justice League was forming in his own backyard of Detroit, he decided to give up his position as the leader of a local street gang, El Lobos, to join up. What made Ramone an impressive candidate was his metahuman ability to emit powerful vibratory shockwaves.
Vibe's presence on the team caused Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter to harbor some strong doubts about the new JLA, particularly after he got the League involved in a rumble with a rival gang. However, Vibe soon proved his mettle during the League's battles against Cadre, Anton Allegro, and Amazo. He stayed with the League through the first great Crisis, when his powers played a vital role in defeating Despero. He was also able to come to his teammate Steel's aid while fighting Plasmus during the Crisis by using his powers to cause the ground beneath Plasmus to crumble.
During Darkseid's assault on Earth's "legends," Paco left his JLA comrades to seek the familiar solace of the streets. Vibe was attacked by one of Professor Ivo's androids, and despite a valiant effort, became the first Justice League member to be killed in the line of duty. The Martian Manhunter brought Vibe's body back to the League's mountain sanctuary, where Vibe was laid to rest in a cryogenic chamber.
One of Vibe's younger brothers, Armando, recently developed a similar set of vibratory powers and joined Booster Gold's team of heroes, the Conglomerate, using the code names Reverb and later Hardline.
- Sonic Shock Waves: Vibe possessed sonic powers that enabled him to project shock waves from his hands that could shatter concrete and steel.
- Dancing: Vibe was an accomplished break dancer.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- In 2009, an April Fools' Day article was published on Newsarama about Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver teaming up for a Vibe: Rebirth miniseries, to follow their previous Green Lantern: Rebirth and Flash: Rebirth. The article can be found here.
- 67 Appearances of Paco Ramone (New Earth)
- 31 Images featuring Paco Ramone (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Paco Ramone (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Paco Ramone (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."