Minerva granted Mary Marvel her wisdom.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Immortality: Athena, like all Olympians, is functionally immortal in the sense that she is immune to the effects of aging. She hasn't aged since reaching adulthood and is immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections. However, the Olympians, like other god pantheons, are not completely immortal. While they are immune to disease and aging, it is possible for them to be killed through sufficient force. Athena's immortality however relied heavily upon the faith of those who worshipped the Gods. The vitality of all of the Gods of Mount Olympus waxed and waned in proportion to the strength of society's belief in them at any given era. When belief in the Gods began to falter in light of new religions (particularly Christianity), the vitality of the Gods lessened.
- Superhuman Strength: Athena possesses superhuman strength substantially greater than the average Olympian goddess and somewhat greater than the average Olympian god. The exact limits of Athena's capacity to lift (press) a volume of mass has never been recorded.
- Superhuman Durability: Athena's body is more resistant to physical injury than a normal mortal human being. She can withstand severe blunt force damage that would otherwise prove fatal to other humans. Although impervious to most forms of conventional weaponry, Athena can however be injured should an attack prove excessive enough to pierce her skin.
- Superhuman Stamina: Athena can sustain prolonged physical activity without tiring.
- Advanced Healing: Despite her resistance to injury, Athena can be injured with sufficient force or weaponry. However, Athena is capable of rapidly healing injuries faster and more extensively than a human is capable of. However, Athena can't regrow missing limbs or organs without magical assistance.
- Hyper-Reflexes: Athena can run and move at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete. Although she does not possess Super-Speed, her reaction time is many times that of a normal human.
- Power Distribution: Athena can bestow a portion of her divine power onto mortal beings. She lends her wisdom to the teenage super-hero Mary Marvel. Under her Roman name Minerva, Athena represents the letter "M" in the magic word Shazam.
- Enhanced Intellect: As the patron Goddess of Wisdom, Athena possessed a keen cognitive intellect, and was a master in the field of philosophy.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): As the patron Goddess of War, Athena was a master at unarmed combat.
- Archery: Athena was a master archer. Though not as skilled in the craft as her fellow Goddess Artemis, Athena could aim a bow and arrow with great precision.
- Swordsmanship: Athena was an expert at all forms of melee combat, including the use of a Greek or Roman short sword.
- Equestrianism: Athena was proficient at horseback riding and could drive a horse with great proficiency both for practical purposes and during times of war.
- This version of Pallas Athena (Earth-S), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series and is now considered apocryphal.
- Although Athena's name and history is well known to the general populace of Earth, she is widely regarded as nothing more than a figure from Greek folklore.
- 1 Appearances of Pallas Athena (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Pallas Athena (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Pallas Athena (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Pallas Athena (Earth-S)
- Pallas Athena (Earth-S) at Wikipedia.org
- Athena at the Marvel Database Project
- Athena at Encyclopedia Mythica
- Minerva article at Wikipedia
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: