- I have this natural immunity to poisons, toxins, the pain and suffering of others. Go figure...
- -- Poison Ivy src
Pamela Lillian Isley, once a brilliant botanist, turned to a life of crime when Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne destroyed the habitat of a rare plant in order to build Stonegate Penitentiary. She "dated" Dent, so she could get close enough to poison him. However, her plan failed, she was taken to the same prison she hated, and Dent really hated her afterwards. Ivy was later transferred to Arkham Asylum.
After she escaped Arkham, Poison Ivy created a chemical serum that would transform a human being into a tree. She deviced a plan to transform any citizen who had commited crimes against plants and forests and Bruce Wayne was among them. Alfred Pennyworth was attacked instead and before the transformation was completed, Batman stopped Ivy and cured all of Ivy's victims. Ivy was not found afterwards.
- Toxic Immunity: Poison Ivy was immune to all poisons, including Joker's gas.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Sheldon Moldoff and first appeared in Batman #181.
- Poison Ivy was voiced by Diane Pershing.
- In a possible error by the writer, she was knocked out by gas in "Honor Among Thieves".
- Poison Ivy's affection for her plants - or "babies" - would often distract her from her main goals, or a fight.
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Pretty Poison
- Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Harley and Ivy
- Batman: Harley and Ivy Vol 1
- Gotham Girls Vol 1
- 92 Appearances of Pamela Isley (DCAU)
- 30 Images featuring Pamela Isley (DCAU)
- 14 Quotations by or about Pamela Isley (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Pamela Isley (DCAU)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."