Paul Barrett was a public defender working in Central City. He was assigned to the trials of several of Flash's Rogues, including Mirror Master, Trickster, Captain Cold, the Top, and Captain Boomerang. During Mirror Master's trial, the villain used mirrors to take control Barrett's mind. He commanded the lawyer to make appearances around town in each of the costumes of the Rogues he had defended, hopefully gaining the interest of the Flash. The plan worked, and eventually the Flash came to Barrett's office to question him. Barrett, still under Mirror Master's control, knocked the speedster out with smoke from a special pipe. He then donned a Flash outfit of his own and headed to the prison to meet his master. The prison guards were happy to let who they thought was the Flash interrogate Mirror Master, and so they let Barrett inside his cell. Here, they switched clothes, and Mirror Master, now dressed as the speedster, left the lawyer there in his place. Later, after the Flash escaped, he came to the prison to talk to Barrett. Now released of Mirror Master's control, he agreed to help the speedster, and told him where the Rogue could be found.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 2 Appearances of Paul Barrett (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Paul Barrett (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Paul Barrett (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Paul Barrett (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: