Paul Bodin was a key expert who was forced into crime and took upon the identity of the Human Key.
As a kid, Bodin played the violin but soon he realized he had a natural talent for opening locks. On his adult years he became a successful escape artist but retired from the business to take care of his only daughter. On certain occasion. Batman approached Bodin to learn some tricks in safecracking.
Some time later, a new villain appeared in Gotham under the name of the The Human Key. Batman and Robin confronted the criminal, but during their various encounters they realized that Key was leaving subtle clues behind him. This lead to the eventual capture of the criminals part of Key's gang and the revelation that the Human Key was in fact Bodin. He had been forced into becoming Key to save his daughter's life, who had been kidnapped by the criminals. After the case was solved, the criminals are arrested and all charges against Bodin were dropped.
- A series of keys, locks and other trinkets used for safecraking and lockpicking.
- This version of Paul Bodin, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Paul Bodin (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Paul Bodin (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Paul Bodin (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Paul Bodin (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."