Young Paula Brooks (approximately age 18-19) expressed a fan worship of Paul Kirk, the Manhunter, and so decided to train herself in both the martial arts and as a markswoman, crafting a special crossbow gun that allowed her to fire darts, in the hopes of becoming his partner. She first appeared in the identity of the Tigress during a special exhibition baseball game between the All-Star Squadron and the Young All-Stars, and then later stowed away aboard a plane heading for the Carribean to help the youth auxiliary team rescue Green Lantern and a young Jamaican female orphan from Baron Blitzkrieg. Although Paul Kirk didn't accept her as a partner, Paula was given membership as part of the Young All-Stars. During that time, she frequently made a play for "Iron" Munro as well, which at times invoked a rivalry among her fellow teammate Helena Kosmatos (Fury). During a battle with the Nazi warriors known as Axis Amerika, Tigress was attacked and seemingly killed by the Valkyrie known as Gudra. She came back to life or was revived (it was unclear if she really was dead or not) with a new attitude which eventually led to her becoming the villainous Huntress.
Paula and Crusher's daughter Artemis grew up to become a supervillain herself, eventually becoming the new Tigress.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Crossbow: As the Tigress, Paula used a small vintage crossbow and a steady supply of crossbow bolts. She has also been known to use throwing nets and bolos to trap her prey.
- 55 Appearances of Paula Brooks (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Paula Brooks (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Paula Brooks (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Paula Brooks (New Earth)
- Huntress at dccomics.com
- Huntress at Wikipedia.org
- Huntress profile at Wikipedia
- Huntress profile at Comicbookdb.com
- Huntress profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Huntress profile
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.