Payne Cardine was a musician who turned to crime after he received very bad reviews on his performances. Using music as his main motif, Cardine adopted the costumed identity of The Maestro, a criminal who left clues in form of music for his next crimes. Cardine was eventually captured by Batman and Robin, who were assisted by a professional in musicology. Cardine was sent to prison and his musical crime spree was stopped for good.
- This version of The Maestro, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Payne Cardine (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Payne Cardine (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Payne Cardine (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Payne Cardine (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."