Penelo is an ocean planet whose inhabitants live in total darkness beneath the waves. The creatures of Penelo never venture to the surface of their world because they fear light which causes them pain. Only one has ever conquered those fears, the tentacle Lantern, Penelops. A being of immense willpower, Penelops is famous among the Corps for moving his planet’s orbit away from the sun to prevent the oceans from boiling. Not one to boast, this modest GL prefers fulfilling his duty and retreating to the solitude beneath the sea.
- Alien Physiology: Penelops comes from an underwater world where it's inhabitants never venture to the surface, therefore Penelops is an aquatic being who would normally be affected by light but no longer has that problem.
- Enhanced Vision: Having a highly developed eye Penelops can see very well in the darkest depths as well as being able to "lock-on" to targets and never let them out of his sight.
- Camouflage: Able to blend in with his underwater surroundings like a chameleon when submerged in water.
- Tentacles: This Emerald Warrior’s tentacles aren’t just for show, they can sting lawbreakers and spray thick blinding ink.
- Ultraviolet Weakness: (formerly) Light from a sun will burn the skin of the inhabitants of Penelo, Penelops proved to be above this weakness.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Penelops' creations are tentacle constructs used to envelope enemies.
- Consumes food with thousands of little “mouths” under its tentacles.
- 15 Appearances of Penelops (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Penelops (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Penelops (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Penelops (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."