Penny Dreadful was a member of Helix, a group of mutant teenagers created as a result of illegal experiments performed on them while still in the womb by the insane Dr Amos Love. She and her teammates clashed repeatedly with Infinity Inc before eventually being remanded into the custody of the State of California due to their status as minors. Penny turned up again years later working as secretary to her former teammate Mr Bones (with whom she had previously had a romantic relationship) in his new role as Director of the DEO. She eventually returned to villainy though, briefly working for the sorceress Circe, and later clashed with Congorilla and Mikaal Tomas while working for Prometheus. She was apparently killed by Mikaal Tomas after murdering her own partner, Arak Wind-Walker.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 14 Appearances of Penny Dreadful (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Penny Dreadful (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Penny Dreadful (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Penny Dreadful (New Earth)