- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Penthesilea possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Penthesilea stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- This character is an adaptation of Penthesilea, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Penthesilea is a mythical Amazon, the daughter of Ares and Otrera, and so the sister of Hippolyta, Antiope and Menalippe. Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #33 makes her parents Phthia and Melanippus, son of Theseus. In the altered reality of Flashpoint, this is changed back. She is the sister of Hippolyta, and Diana's aunt.
- 1 Appearances of Penthiselea (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Penthiselea (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Penthiselea (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Penthiselea (New Earth)