High society wastrel and ne'er-do-well Percival Plazchek was once dubbed "Percy Playboy" by a newspaper gossip columnist, and out of sheer spite, he had his family name legally changed to "Playboy." Physically frail but technologically ambitious, he lived with his sister Joye Plazchek in a mansion near a steep cliff-lined part of the Virginia coast. He built a laboratory under the house, accessible from a cliffside cave, and here he developed a suit of powered armor with powerful magnetic devices built in. He adopted a secret criminal identity as "Nuclear, the Magnetic Marauder," and embarked on a career of blackmailing the U.S. military, threatening to destroy warships and other defense infrastructure unless he was paid large sums of money. In January 1942 he encountered Wonder Woman, then the All-Star Squadron, and briefly defeated both, before they teamed up and defeated him.
- This version of Percival Plazchek (Earth-Two), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Nuclear's debut is called "Nuclear's Return"; he is also called Wonder Woman's archnemesis, yet he never appeared before. His origin is only revealed in flashback, and would not be expanded until All-Star Squadron #16, 32 years later.
- 3 Appearances of Percival Plazchek (Earth-Two)
- 2 Images featuring Percival Plazchek (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Percival Plazchek (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Percival Plazchek (Earth-Two)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."