- Ring out, magnificent gauges of time! Ring out for me -- the first man to control that most precious of all commodities!
- -- Doctor Tyme src
Doctor Tyme is a brilliant mad scientist specializing in the area of temporal manipulation, although he mostly confined his acts of villainy to committing random crimes and acts of petty theft. He fought the Doom Patrol, and was defeated by Mento, although he evaded capture.
During the events of 52, he became a member of the Science Squad based on Oolong Island, a collaboration of other brilliant madmen dedicated to making crazy super-weapons. His suspension ray was instrumental in taking down Black Adam during a conflict. Now that the Doom Patrol has based their headquarters on Oolong, Tyme lives in fear that they will discover his secret identity. He mistakenly believes that he was their arch-nemesis, although they actually viewed him as mostly inconsequential. Selecting Father Davis as a go-between, he has assured them that he no longer wishes them any harm and simply wishes to work alongside them in peace.
- Time Manipulation: Doctor Tyme uses a special beam that can manipulate time within an extremely limited area, usually defined as a single person's space-time perception.
- Enhanced Intellect: Sutter is a brilliant scientist, albeit without much ambition. He is also somewhat gullible.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Sutter is also called the Tick Tock Thief by the media.
- 7 Appearances of Percival Sutter (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Percival Sutter (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Percival Sutter (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Percival Sutter (New Earth)
Doom Patrol Villain(s)