Persephone was the personal bodyguard for the Blood Queen, when Prince Drakken of the House of Thom made an attempt at becoming the new ruler of the Vampire Nation. Drakken didn't succeed in killing the Blood Queen, but he did manage to get the power he wanted. The takeover did not go smoothly. Armand Waering and his tribe along with Wetworks attacked Drakken, but in the end Drakken won, and the Blood Queen went into exile, taking Persephone with her.
Free from her obligations, Dragoness along with Persephone roamed the streets for a while. It wasn't what Dragoness wanted, and soon she began to make plans for going home to her motherland. Back with her father at the place called Nighthold, Dragoness wanted to go back to take back the position that Drakken had taken away from her, but Lord Dominus had other plans and wanted to kill all the vampires that were not true vampires. Dragoness could see that this was wrong and arranged for WetWorks and her brother Johnny Savoy to help her stop him. Her army, led by Raithan attacked Lord Dominus and in a joint effort, she, Savoy and Wetworks succeeded in killing Lord Dominus and save the Vampire Nation.
Persephone was later working as a freelance operative for assassinations, corporate espionage and whatever else she could make a profit from. Somewhere along the line, she developed a drug habit, which forced her to continue in this line of work. The drug suppressed her bloodlust, making her able to control herself all the time, but it was highly addictive. She did this for a while, until Jackson Dane contacted her, inviting her to be a Wetworks operative in the war with a group of vampires.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
- Traditional Vampiric weaknesses.
- 21 Appearances of Persephone (Wildstorm Universe)
- 3 Images featuring Persephone (Wildstorm Universe)
- Quotations by or about Persephone (Wildstorm Universe)
- Character Gallery: Persephone (Wildstorm Universe)