Peter Dale was a wanted criminal who worked as a circus performer to remain hidden from the authorities. When Batman and Robin managed to find Dale's location, he tried to escape and arrived to an old abandoned town, where he was exposed to an ancient shamanic magic which granted him the power to transform his body into any of the four elements.
Using his powers, Dale managed to outmatch the Dynamic Duo and he returned to Gotham City to gather his old gang and start a new criminal spree. Using his power of earth, Dale created an earthquake that broke a bank in half, allowing his crooks to rob the place. He planned to escape using the power of wind, but Batman arrived in time to confront him after being exposed to the same magic and having gained the same powers. The two of the fough until they started using their fire power. In that moment, Robin covered them with sand, which transformed into glass because of the heat from their bodies. The glass covered them both until there was no oxygen left and the fire died away. Batman and Dale lost their powers and Dale was finally arrested for his crimes.
- This version of Flame-Master, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Peter Dale (Earth-One)
- 5 Images featuring Peter Dale (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Peter Dale (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Peter Dale (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."