Peter Gambi, like his brother Paul, was a tailor, though Peter worked out of a shop in Metropolis's Suicide Slum, not Central City. In his youth, he was a hit man for the mob, and was responsible for the death of Jefferson Pierce's father, though he later reformed. He became Pierce's friend and confidant, and designed the costume and force field belt which enabled Pierce to become the vigilante Black Lightning. Peter later sacrificed his life to save Pierce by throwing himself in front of him as someone fired a gun at him. At this point, Pierce learned that Peter had killed his father and that his heroic sacrifice was an act of penance. He nonetheless forgave Peter.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 14 Appearances of Peter Gambi (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Peter Gambi (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Peter Gambi (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Peter Gambi (New Earth)