Peter McDonald was a young smuggler, who operated in the Caribbean Sea. He was eventually hired by the father of young Solomon Baxter to rescue him from an island controlled by Nazis. Peter managed to take Sol out of the island on his plane. Unfortunately, the plane was struck by the Nazis and it fell on a nearby island, where Sol and Peter were captured by natives, who performed voodoo magic on them, leaving their hands marked with a special tattoo. When they joined hands, Sol transformed into Null and Peter into Void, and thus their criminal adventures started.
After years of abusing their powers for their own benefits, Sol dissolved their partnership in order to settle down and start a family. A few years later, his life started to crumble and he decided to join Peter once again in order to become Null and Void, but this time their crime spree was stopped by Superman and Batman. Peter was captured by the heroes but they couldn't prove anything against Peter and so he was released after a fair trial. When Sol hit rock bottom, he joined Peter and together they travelled to Costa Rica, looking for the source of their powers.
Their actions caused an international conflict and Void escaped with the source of their powers to an endless void. There, Void met X'ult, the powerful being responsible for his and Null's powers and they worked together to bring chaos to the world. X'ult was later challenged by Batman, Superman and Null and Void joined X'ult in his efforts against the heroes. However, Void was defeated by Batman and Null and when Superman caused X'ult to return to his own time, Null and Void's powers disappeared for good. Batman and Superman returned them to Gotham, where Solomon decided to confess all his crimes with Peter, taking them to a certain imprisonment.
- Transformation: As a result of his transformation, Void gains the following abilities.
- Power Loss: Void's transformation lasts for a limited amount of time, after which he returns to his human form.
- This version of Void, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 5 Appearances of Peter McDonald (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Peter McDonald (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Peter McDonald (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Peter McDonald (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."